The center of the village has a beautiful park, called J. Walter Juckett Memorial Park, named in honor of a local industrialist who passed away in the late 20th century. The location of the park was set out in the early 19th century, and was surveyed in the 1830’s as the town common or green, where inhabitants could graze their livestock.
The Civil War cannon at the south end of the park is a 12-pound Napoleon Model 1857 that could shoot a 12-pound projectile a mile. It was the primary cannon used by the Union and the Confederacy. The specific cannon in the park was manufactured by Henry N. Hooper & Co. of Boston in 1862
Following a devastating fire in the 1870’s all of the buildings on the east side of the green was constructed within a couple of years of each other. Because of public spirited property owners these buildings retain their late Victorian charm and are the jewel in the Hudson Falls Historic District.
Townsend Harris was born in Sandy Hill, now know as Hudson Falls. Harris was an American merchant and minor politician and the first United States Consul General to Japan. He negotiated the "Harris Treaty" between the US and Japan.