Cookies of mellow yellow dough
Dusted with white sugar just like snow
Sparkles taken from a rainbow
All my senses are on overflow
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, soften
1 cup of sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon of milk
Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
1. Place butter and sugar in large bowl and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar. Remove 1 wrapped pack of dough from refrigerator at a time, sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick. Move the dough around and check underneath frequently to make sure it is not sticking. Cut into desired shape, place at least 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges, rotating cookie sheet halfway through baking time. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removal from oven and then move to complete cooling on wire rack.
Sweet pink hearts edible accents
Elegant gold-stars for just a few cents
Jumbo confetti make perfect sense
I didn’t eat breakfast is my defense
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Red gel food coloring
1. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Put cream butter and sugar in the bowl, mix until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add reserved flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Add gel food coloring a drop at a time until pink coloring is achieved. Transfer dough to a work surface. Shape into 2 discs, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with nonstick baking mats or parchment paper; set aside. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes, and transfer to prepared baking sheets, leaving an inch in between. Leftover dough can be rolled and cut once more. Bake until lightly golden, about 10 minutes; do not allow to brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
4. Add frosting if desired.